Community radio advertising company The Media Connection is representing Namibian radio station 99FM.
Research undertaken by 99FM shows its listeners are “a sophisticated target audience preferring trendy restaurants to clubs”.
The radio station caters to the 25 to 34-year market segment falling in the 7 to 9 LSM. According to Judy Milne, Media Connection Director, “the station is the only one in Namibia to cater primarily to this market.”
Secondary target audience
Advertisers, however, are not restricted to this target market as the station has a much broader secondary target audience aged between 17 and 52, falling in the LSM 6 to 10 bracket.
· 73% have a computer in the household,
· 42% personally sent or received an e-mail in the past four weeks,
· 48% accessed the internet yesterday, and
· 47% accessed the internet from home.
99FM offers various deals for advertisers depending on company size and infrastructure. The following opportunities are available for marketers.
· 30-second adverts
· Live in-studio reads
· Segment sponsorship
· Show sponsorship
· Outside broadcasts
· On-site event hosting
· Advert design and production
· Interactive and web-based exposure