NEW YORK – A gender-balanced group of top creative leaders have been named to serve as jury chairs for 10 disciplines of the ADC 98th Annual Awards (http://www.adcawards.org), one of the world’s longest-running and most prestigious global competitions celebrating excellence in craft and innovation in all forms of design and advertising.
This year’s jury chairs for the disciplines are:
- Advertising — Taras Wayner, chief creative officer, Saatchi & Saatchi, New York, NY, USA
- Brand/Communication Design — Richard Ting, executive vice president, global chief design officer, R/GA Ventures, New York, NY, USA
- Experiential Design — Ann Harakawa, principal, Two Twelves, New York/Honolulu, USA
- Illustration — Edel Rodriguez, artist, Edel Rodriguez Studio, Mt. Taborm NJ, USA
- Interactive — PJ Pereira, creative chairman, Pereira O’Dell, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Packaging/Product Design — Karen Welman, founding partner, chief creative officer, Pearlfisher, London, UK
- Photography Design — Lauren Greenfield, photographer, filmmaker, Evergreen Pictures, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Publication Design — Julia Hasting, creative director, Phaidon Press, Zurich, Switzerland
- Spatial Design — Clive Wilkinson, FAIA, FIIDA, RIBA, president, design director, Clive Wilkinson Architects, Culver City, CA, USA
- Typography — Gail Anderson, creative director, Visual Arts Press, School of Visual Arts, New York, NY USA
Jury chairs for Motion/Film Craft and Fashion Design disciplines will be announced shortly.
The ADC 98th Annual Awards are part of The One Club for Creativity, the world’s foremost non-profit organization celebrating creative excellence in advertising and design. Entries can be submitted via http://www.adcawards.org, final deadline is January 31, 2019.
“Craft and innovation continue to be the intense focus of the ADC Annual Awards,” said Michael O’Rourke, executive director, ADC. “This year’s jury chairs are recognized creative leaders who are perfectly suited to lead our juries and guide them to view the work through that lens during the judging process.”
Tiered pricing structure
This year’s competition marks continuation of a tiered pricing structure (http://www.adcawards.org/tieredpricing/), designed to make it easier for smaller studios, agencies and freelancers to participate in the ADC Annual Awards.
The fee structure varies depending on whether the submitting firm is a design studio or ad agency. Design studios with between 2-20 employees get a discount (amount varies by discipline), while ad agencies with between 2-50 employees qualify for the tiered pricing discount. Freelance creatives and one-person shops in either design or advertising are eligible for an even greater reduction in their entry fee.
For more information on the ADC 98th Annual Awards, please visit http://www.adcawards.org.
The One Club for Creativity (www.oneclub.org), producer of the prestigious One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world’s foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing focusing on creativity of idea and quality of execution. The ADC Annual Awards honors the best creative work in terms of craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York City every May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.