African culture proud, multiple award winning rapper and singer Sho Madjozi and actor, comedian and social media sensation Prev Reddy scooped the 2020 Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards for Favourite African Star and Favourite African Social Media Star respectively.
The channel is set to premiere the Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards 2020: Celebrate Together, on Friday, May 08 at 16:10 p.m. (CAT) on NickToons (DSTV Channel 308). The show will be hosted by Victoria Justice (Victorious) and will be jam-packed with stars, surprises and slime. Kids around the world cast millions of votes for their favourite celebrities, movies, games and more, this year’s virtually produced show will reveal the winners through some of the most creative orange-blimp acceptances in KCA history.
Celebrities scheduled to appear on Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards 2020: Celebrate Together include: Dwayne Johnson, Ariana Grande, Kristen Bell, Josh Gad, Camila Cabello, Millie Bobby Brown, Ellen DeGeneres, BTS, Shawn Mendes, Lil Nas X, Dove Cameron, Tom Holland, David Dobrik, Tom Kenny, Bill Fagerbakke, SSSniperWolf, and more.
Monde Twala, ViacomCBS Networks Africa Senior Vice President and General Manager commented: “This incredible win comes at a crucial time for us as the continent observes and celebrates Africa Month. Nickelodeon puts kids first in everything that it does and the kids have spoken and voted for their favourite stars. We would like to congratulate our African winners Sho Madjodzi and Prev Reddy for flying the African Flag high at this global event. Millions of viewers can expect lots of fun, surprises and laughter from the 2020 Kids’ Choice Awards”.
Sho Madjozi was nominated alongside Shekhinah, Teni and Patricia Kihoro in the Favourite African Star category. Prev Reddy was nominated in the Favourite African Social Media Star category with Anne Kansiime, DJ Cuppy and Chané Grobler.
With appearances from cast members of The Avengers: Endgame (Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner), and a sneak peek of Nickelodeon’s new live-action series The Astronauts, from Imagine Entertainment, Kids’ Choice Awards 2020: Celebrate Together will also feature segments unlike any other awards show including: JoJo Siwa discovering slime secretly placed in every area of her home; a performance by recording artist and actor Asher Angel of his chart-topping single “All Day”; and an exclusive look at Nick’s Slime in Space voyage.
The ecstatic Sho Madjozi said “Our job is to work, move forward and never reverse, Nickelodeon thank you for this amazing award and to everyone that voted. I am so excited”, she added “World we have one message for you, Africa is coming and we are coming for you.”
Commented Prev Reddy, “Yes we did it, thank you so much to the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards for nominating me in this category most importantly thank you to the kids that voted and to my fans who’ve become like my family and for making one of my biggest dreams come true, I am sending all the love and positivity during this difficult time.”
During this year’s show, NBA champion and global icon LeBron James received the 2020 Generation Change Award, honouring his commitment to creating real and lasting change through education. The LeBron James Family Foundation’s ground-breaking I PROMISE School serves his hometown’s most at-risk students and their entire families with the support, programming and wide-ranging resources they need to succeed in the classroom and at home, creating a new model for urban, public education.
As part of its longstanding connection and dedication to kids, Nickelodeon will support the mission of No Kid Hungry, a national campaign to end childhood hunger in America, and present within the show a $1 million donation in support of those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Every day that schools are closed, kids in need miss nearly 34 million school meals. No Kid Hungry is working to ensure every kid gets three meals a day during this time of crisis and all year long.
Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards 2020: Celebrate Together is produced by Nickelodeon Productions. Jay Schmalholz serves as Executive Producer. Production of Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards 2020: Celebrate Together for Nickelodeon is overseen by Rob Bagshaw, Executive Vice President, Unscripted Content.
The following are Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards 2020: Celebrate Together winners:
FAVOURITE AFRICAN STAR
FAVOURITE AFRICAN SOCIAL MEDIA STAR
• FAVOURITE KIDS TV SHOW
• FAVOURITE FAMILY TV SHOW
• FAVOURITE REALITY SHOW
America’s Got Talent
• FAVOURITE TV HOST
Ellen DeGeneres (Ellen’s Game of Games)
• FAVOURITE ANIMATED SERIES
• FAVOURITE FEMALE TV STAR
Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven, Stranger Things)
• FAVOURITE MALE TV STAR
Jace Norman (Henry Hart / Kid Danger,Henry Danger)
• FAVOURITE MOVIE
• FAVOURITE MOVIE ACTRESS
Dove Cameron (Mal, Descendants 3)
FAVOURITE MOVIE ACTOR
Dwayne Johnson (Hobbs, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw; Dr. Smolder
Bravestone, Jumanji: The Next Level)
• FAVOURITE SUPERHERO
Tom Holland (Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Far From Home; Spider-Man, Avengers: Endgame)
• FAVOURITE ANIMATED MOVIE
• FAVOURITE FEMALE VOICE FROM AN ANIMATED MOVIE
Beyoncé (Nala, The Lion King)
• FAVOURITE MALE VOICE FROM AN ANIMATED MOVIE
Josh Gad (Olaf, Frozen 2)
• FAVOURITE FEMALE ARTIST
• FAVOURITE MALE ARTIST
• FAVOURITE MUSIC GROUP
• FAVOURITE SONG
“bad guy”- Billie Eilish
• FAVOURITE MUSIC COLLABORATION
“Señorita”- Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello
• FAVOURITE BREAKOUT NEW ARTIST
Lil Nas X
• FAVOURITE GLOBAL MUSIC STAR
Taylor Swift (North America)
• FAVOURITE MALE SOCIAL STAR
• FAVOURITE FEMALE SOCIAL STAR
• FAVOURITE GAMER
• FAVOURITE VIDEO GAME
• FAVOURITE SOCIAL MUSIC STAR
• FAVOURITE FEMALE SPORTS STAR
• FAVOURITE MALE SPORTS STAR
Highlights from Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards 2020: Celebrate Together include:
• A $1 Million donation to No Kid Hungry, a national campaign to end childhood hunger in America, in support of those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic;
• NBA champion and global icon LeBron James receiving Nickelodeon’s 2020 Generation Change Award, in honor of his commitment to creating real and lasting change through education, with his charity The LeBron James Family Foundation’s groundbreaking I PROMISE School, which provides his hometown’s most at-risk students and their families with educational resources and support;
• A special appearance from the cast members of Avengers: Endgame (Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner);
• A sneak peek of Nick’s new live-action series The Astronauts, from ImagineKids+Family;
• JoJo Siwa discovering slime secretly placed in every area of her home and ultimately getting slimed herself;
• David Dobrik doused in slime;
• A performance by recording artist and actor Asher Angel of his chart-topping single “All Day;”
• An exclusive look at Nick’s Slime in Space voyage;
• And celebrity appearances from Dwayne Johnson, Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish, Kristen Bell, Josh Gad, Camila Cabello, Millie Bobby Brown, Ellen DeGeneres, BTS, Shawn Mendes, Lil Nas X, Dove Cameron, Tom Kenny, Bill Fagerbakke, SSSniperWolf, cast members of Stranger Things (Finn Wolfhard, Noah Schnapp, Caleb McLaughlin, Sadie Sink), the cast of Henry Danger (Jace Norman, Riele Downs, Sean Ryan Fox, Cooper Barnes, Ella Anderson, Michael D. Cohen) and more.
Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards 2020: Celebrate Together is sponsored by Barbie®, Goldfish® Flavor Blasted® crackers, Kellogg’s® Froot Loops®, milk it!, and Olive Garden®.